The Women’s Entrepreneurship Organization and OpenGrants Partner to Deliver Crypto to Afghan Women
It is a critical time for women in Afghanistan, and we need your help! With the rapid fall of the government following US withdrawal and the takeover by the Taliban, Afghan women and their children are extremely vulnerable and in dire need of financial resources. WEDO, The Women’s Entrepreneurship Day Organization, has been active in Afghanistan since 2014. WEDO is now partnering with OpenGrants.io to answer this need through a new initiative, #CryptoForAfghanWomen.
This is where you come in! By donating just $10, you can feed a family in Afghanistan for one week.
This innovative program intends to provide 100,000 Afghan women food for a week through the creative means of cryptocurrency and a peer-to-peer ecosystem, allowing for full traceability and transparency. The use of blockchain-based cryptocurrency gives Afghan women the financial resources they need without relying on the Taliban or the fragile banking system. The mission of the Women’s Entrepreneurship Day Organization is to support positive social and economic change from a ground up approach and to celebrate, empower and support women entrepreneurs.
Afghan women and children have been disproportionately affected by the humanitarian crisis and are now desperately facing a growing food insecurity crisis. WEDO, through its global female network, connections and resources, has created this initiative to offer an efficient means to quickly provide aid to Afghan women through immediate access to cryptocurrency. The Crypto For Afghan Women program has been launched to support the women of Afghanistan during this disruptive and destabilizing time. Through the OpenGrants system, each woman will receive $10 in cryptocurrency through a digital wallet that will allow her to feed her family for the week.
Goals of the Program
- Support continued economic development and opportunity to women in Afghanistan
- Provide women with immediate access to capital outside of government and banking systems
Where the Funds Go
- Access for an Afghan woman to receive $10 USDC over the Stellar Network, to spend in a peer-to-peer network
- Support to create a digital wallet to enable this ecosystem
How it Works
- Recipients can sign up here
- We will text a link
- They follow the instructions in the link to create an account
- We deposit 10 USDC to the account
- Recipients can then send all or a portion of those funds to other women in the network
Afghan women can access the application here. Should you need any support, please let the team know by joining us on WhatsApp using this link.
This Program Brought To You By:
WED | Women’s Entrepreneurship Day
OpenGrants | The Easy Way to Win Grants